Chairmans Report AGM 191017.pdf

Minutes of 2017 AGM.pdf

Annual accounts to 31 Aug 2017.pdf





To hire the Village Hall or to arrange a viewing 

please contact Karin Vallance on 01258 820497.

For Fifehead villagers and all charities
 the hourly rate is £6.00

For others the hourly rate is £7.00



On Saturday 8th April, 1933 the village hall, then known as The Village Club, was opened by Viscountess Portman It had long been felt that a village club would be of great benefit to the village and the building was erected, over a period of just 2 months, thanks to the generous advancement of the required money by Captain and Mrs. Livingstone-Learmouth. Then, as is still the case today, the opportunities for raising funds in the village were very limited.

The Club was built by Mr Barnes, a member of the committee which had been formed to follow up the suggestion of the new club.
 
In a newspaper report of the opening ceremony it was said that “….. (the building) consists of a large and well-lighted club-room in which various club games and periodical are provided for the Club members. There are, in addition, large and convenient changing rooms and kitchen."
 
On the opening afternoon a jumble sale was held for club funds and teas were served by a committee of ladies. That evening there was a large attendance at a social with music for dancing and, again, refreshments served by the ladies.
 
The opening of The Village Club was considered to be an important advancement of the interests of village life.








fifeheadmagdalenpm@dorset-aptc.gov.uk                 Last updated: 25th November 2018           Copyright © 2018 Fifehead Magdalen Parish

Community Web Kit provided free by BT